Monday, March 27, 2006

DiCaprio follows the Colonel's lead

Overrated movie-star Leonardo DiCaprio is copying a recent brainwave I had to sell of some of my Star Wars action figures. It just goes to prove that people like him need strong and decisive leadership and incredible ideas like mine.

I do wonder why is he doing it though? It's not like he needs the money. So he didn't make a movie last year- he's making three this year. He's selling so much stuff now it's as if he's rejecting the "Church of Lucas" altogether!

Perhaps I'm just peeved that he'll make 5 times more money by selling this Jawa with vinyl cape* alone than I did on selling 100 Star Wars figures, and he has dozens of more lots up for sale, see them here.

*The vinyl cape Jawa is one of the most expensive Star Wars figures of the vintage line and was produced in small quantities before it was replaced by Jawa with a cloth cape. It can still fetch a handsome sum outside it's packaging.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had that Jawa, just the cloth cape one, and of course the 2 more recent releases that cubaboy made 'do things' to each other.

Major General Creedon said...

Yes. Those poses were filthy. Amazingly done however considering the somewhat limited articulation of the Jawas.

Anonymous said...

And it was almost as if they lay in wait for you, they way they appeared when least expected!

Unknown said...

I wish I had those jawa's now, I could make an animated sequence involving them, and tube of lubricant, me and scarlett johansen

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they'd like that. Well, the Scarlett part at least.

Anonymous said...

I think the Colonel should do a stop-motion Star Wars Action Figure video too. It's bound to be beyond anything we could ever concieve.

Anonymous said...

At one point he was going to make "The Excruciating Death of Jar Jar Binks", bu then he relised this would render his deep-fat fryer unusable.
Any alternatives in the pipeline, Colonel?

Major General Creedon said...

Yes. But they're secret for now.

Anonymous said...

But secrets that you don't even hint at hardly whet our appetite!

Major General Creedon said...

Mark is involved. When Mark is involved: everything is a secret. Even you. Who are you again?

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I can't tell you. Its secret?